Thursday, April 21, 2011

Genealogy's Star: When is a source not a source? In New FamilySearch?

A very interesting and informative article by James Tanner.  In the 1st paragraph he quotes another person from FamilySearch who describes “sources” in FamilySearch more like a “source link” which allow you to create links in a family tree to sources found on FamilySearch.org  I think you will agree with the author, as I do, that this presents a big problem for a genealogy researcher.

He also has a good discussion about online family trees.  I agree with his concerns about these online family trees and I really like the way he details his concerns and issues with each of the major companies and/or organizations that offer this service.

I think you will find his article to be of interest and value.

Genealogy's Star: When is a source not a source? In New FamilySearch?

Post a Comment